Monday 29 September 2014

A Chihuahua Named Petunia - Pup Art with Barkbox

Hello and welcome to a new week.

Just wanted to let you know about an event I'm taking part in to help rescue dogs.

I was approached by the lovely people of BarkBox to take part in this benefit event that will be hosted in NYC. Pup Art is "A Show For Fluffy Singles" that will help raise money for our four legged friends in need, by selling artwork.

All I needed to do was download the Barkbuddy app (like Tinder for humans, but matches you with your ideal canine friend) choose a canine I fell for and create a piece of work inspired by them.

I choose Petunia, a cross breed of chihuahua and catahoula leopard dog. She's amazing!

I was immediately drawn to her for her fabulous 'old womans' name. Her blue eyes which stared straight back at me and had a very soulful feel to them, and also she had the best markings!
Sadly I can't adopt her as she resides in Brooklyn, NY.
But you can bet your life if I lived there I'd be making a trip to visit her in person.

The event of all artist work involved will be help at:
Brooklyn Bubble Wrap Studios
58 South 6th Street,
Brooklyn NY.
On the 9th October from 6-8pm.

So if you're lucky enough to live in NY, head down there. Grab yourself some art, help out those gorgeous mutts and get a free glass of wine ; )

R.S.V.P. here to make sure you get a spot.









No comments:

Post a Comment